Ir al contenido principal

Having friends from the US and the UK.

I don't really have friends in person but I do have friends online, and lots, lots of them. It has always been a habit of mine to just pop out my computer and talk, chat, go on mic, video-call my friends from the US and UK that I've met since so many years ago in a roleplaying game. I thank them for all the fluency they made me acquire in the language. And without them I honestly believe I would be so extremely bored everyday without having somebody to talk to or vent to.

For me, interaction is 100% effective for a learner, of any age and background. The stereotypes have to stop, stereotypes against people from different races and against foreigners. I find them disgusting and ignorant, and it always infuriates me whenever I've heard someone make assumptions about a group of people they have probably never even sent a message to, it's like, if you're learning English, why would you feel that way about people who speak the language? There's always a tint of racism behind those comments of people and students who don't want to talk to a foreigner because they're this and that, when in reality most people are nice, and the world is not a distopia full of evil racists on the hunt for Mexicans. But I digress..as it has always been said, talking to others who aren't only from your circle of friends or your country always opens doors to learn cultural things and differences that will open up your mind to how things works in different places, but most importantly, you'll acquire a level of fluency, idioms will stick, even the humour will be understood.

For me, I've never had a bad experience with a foreigner online, and usually when talking to them through microphone they're really kind and understanding, I actually really love making friends like that and I just wish we could all just hang out in person.

Now that I'm in quarantine after class on Friday, at 7 pm, I play with this chinese girl and her friends on Discord this game called Witch-it through microphone, and we just talk about so many things, it's awesome. They're always asking me about stuff in Spanish and what not, too!

21 Long Distance Friendship Gifts To Express Your Love From Afar ...

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

The ''thinking in English'' dilemma and English Teachers and their obsession with British accents.

English teachers always tell us that we should acquire this level where we hear our inner thoughts in English and where we even dream in English, and many classmates throughout my school years have disagreed with this thought. I find myself to be a strong supporter of this, though. As it has helped me amazingly with my own monitoring of errors and what not, my English is not 100% perfect, of course not. But I'm not afraid of being confident and saying that I think my English is astounding, I'm tired of hearing my classmates being cruel with themselves and saying that their English is garbage, it's like dude, how about you actually become proud of your level of English, and understand that nobody really cares about your level when you talk to them? Unless you're a true beginner who doesn't care about learning the language you shouldn't be worried. I'm sick and tired of the barriers people put on themselves but this is because English teachers do not make a sp...

Lookism.

Recently I watched a movie called The Neon Demon that showcases a society where people only care about you if you're good looking, it's quite gory and tragic but it has a really interesting take on this topic that people seem to ignore for the sake of being a good person. When in reality, there's nothing wrong with talking about it, and in fact, it could help people who feel insecure about themselves, if done correctly. This movie showcases the obsession of beauty as something toxic and distopic. There's even a theory called Lookism that says that if you look good people will treat you nice your entire life or at least until you lose your looks. It's like racism but ''lookism'', like being racist but not because of your race/skin but the way you look. This theory is absolute bollocks in my opinion and so many young men have created online communities where they straight up ask other men if life is even worth living because their noses have a...

Earning Money Online

This quarantine has showed me a huge opportunity on working online as people all around the world are stuck in their homes and still have to get work done or satisfy certain needs, which prompted me to expand my little proof-reading freelancer work with a few people into the site Fiverr.com So far I have earned quite a few dollars from that site and from proof-reading a variety of different works in English, it's always flattering to receive requests from people in need as I'm a second-language learner, but it's usually also second-language learners the ones who come for my help. The fun part of making money online is the realization of getting to learn how free-lancing works and how hard, but rewarding and motivating it can be. Besides that, you get to connect with others and create interesting friendships which can produce business oportunities. It's so important to realize that there's millions of people competing with you, but that there's also thou...