Ir al contenido principal

Lookism.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing" | The magicians ...
Recently I watched a movie called The Neon Demon that showcases a society where people only care about you if you're good looking, it's quite gory and tragic but it has a really interesting take on this topic that people seem to ignore for the sake of being a good person. When in reality, there's nothing wrong with talking about it, and in fact, it could help people who feel insecure about themselves, if done correctly.
Why? — The Neon Demon (2016)
This movie showcases the obsession of beauty as something toxic and distopic.

There's even a theory called Lookism that says that if you look good people will treat you nice your entire life or at least until you lose your looks. It's like racism but ''lookism'', like being racist but not because of your race/skin but the way you look.

This theory is absolute bollocks in my opinion and so many young men have created online communities where they straight up ask other men if life is even worth living because their noses have a bump on them or their eyes are uneven (I'm serious, and it breaks my heart).

I love people, I've said that a million times already but it's true. I would never approach someone to be their friend just because they're a handsome young man or a pretty dainty girl, no. I don't care about that if I'm not making out with you.

But sometimes I find myself wondering if people approach me or not because they think I'm ugly or because they find my face weird, I'm not sure.

Sometimes I wish my face was different, friendlier looking, softer. It has felt a dark shadow bugging me inside my head for as long as I can remember.

The wish of looking different, it's something I've always thrived for and it's what drives me to saving for a plastic surgery procedure around my face.

I do believe people see you in a certain way (whether they like it or not) depending on what you look like. Those who pretend not to do it are lying.

What I do not agree with is the way the world is portraying beauty to both men and women EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's insane how nobody at school teaches us to LOVE OURSELVES. to FEEL GOOD IN OUR OWN SKIN. Yeah, they may say something here and there, but to me, there should be way more attention put into this topic, it is a difficult thing to present, but it would have helped me a lot.

There's no class when we are kids or teens (where we most need it) where they teach us that we look great, that we are great by who we are, that the way we should look shouldn't define our actions or our perceptions.

People ignore this, they ignore that the new generation is being force-fed with advertisements showing beautiful people and instagram posts showing women and men looking all charming and perfect. And it affects men too, greatly

The Lookism.net Starterpack : starterpacks




Comentarios

  1. I've seen that movie! Photography is amazing and the message is really powerful as well.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Teamwork.

We've all had bad and good experiences when it comes to working in a team, usually because of mishaps with our peers regarding work division and tasks. I honestly find teamwork as a chance of learning things from others, interacting and understanding everyone's abilities and trying to work with them Unfortunately something I deeply disagree with are fights and intense arguments over schoolwork, I've found myself in situations where people legit get angry or fight with their team-mates, and I always find that so super draining. I'm not sure, I guess it really depends on the situation...there's some people who literally dont do ANYTHING and expect their mates to do it all......what a pointless blog entry, right?

Earning Money Online

This quarantine has showed me a huge opportunity on working online as people all around the world are stuck in their homes and still have to get work done or satisfy certain needs, which prompted me to expand my little proof-reading freelancer work with a few people into the site Fiverr.com So far I have earned quite a few dollars from that site and from proof-reading a variety of different works in English, it's always flattering to receive requests from people in need as I'm a second-language learner, but it's usually also second-language learners the ones who come for my help. The fun part of making money online is the realization of getting to learn how free-lancing works and how hard, but rewarding and motivating it can be. Besides that, you get to connect with others and create interesting friendships which can produce business oportunities. It's so important to realize that there's millions of people competing with you, but that there's also thou